Update 7/11 11:05 AM EDT: We’ve updated our collection to reflect price and stock changes for Sunday.
Original post: For this weekend edition of our roundup of Dealmaster deals, we’ve got a handy bundle for Nintendo’s Switch Lite and several deals on high-profile Switch games, collectively lowest prices on Apple’s M1-equipped MacBook Air and Mac Mini, and good prices on a pair of wireless headphones and portable SSDs. You can view our full curated overview below.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation through affiliate programs for sales of links on this post.
Recommended offers of the day
Nintendo Switch Lite + 128GB SanDisk microSD card for Nintendo Switch for $200 at GameStop (offer at checkout – $225 normally): This offer duplicates a modest but remarkable deal we saw at Amazon’s Prime Day event last month: if you pick up Nintendo’s Switch Lite at its usual $200 suggested retail price, you’ll get a 128GB version of SanDisk’s officially licensed Switch microSD card at no extra cost. The former remains a good value for those wanting a portable-only Switch – albeit one without an OLED screen – for as little as possible, while the latter is a reliable, fairly fast card that we recommended in our guide to the best Switch. accessories. You should see the added microSD card in your cart at checkout. GameStop says this deal will last until July 10.
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch) for $45 at Amazon and Best Buy (discount seen at checkout – normally $52): This deal matches the lowest price we’ve seen for this high-profile Switch game that arrived in February. This is a combo pack with an enhanced port of: 3D Worldthe relatively underrated platformer originally released for the Wii U, and Bowser’s Furyan all-new expansion that plays with a more “open-world” format than before Mario spell. Our review found that the former was slightly more successful than the latter, but if you want to catch up 3D World either way, the whole thing is an easier purchase at this lower price. We have many more featured games for sale including Luigi’s Mansion 3 and the Demon Souls remake for PS5, among others.
Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $900 at Amazon (normally $960): This deal has come up over and over for the past few weeks, but it’s still $100 off the MSRP and the lowest price we’ve tracked for Apple’s entry-level MacBook Air. This configuration only has 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, so it’s best suited for casual use, but if that’s all you need, the fast performance and excellent power efficiency of Apple’s M1 chip, combined with a unsurprisingly sturdy hardware, make the Air a tough notebook to top it all off.
Apple AirPods Max Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones for $478 at Amazon (normally $549)Note: This deal doesn’t exactly make Apple’s noise-cancelling AirPods Max headphones a great value — for over $100 less, Sony’s WH-1000XM4 still offers excellent active noise cancellation, great comfort, and versatile sound. But Apple’s pair still sound better out of the box, are just as strong (if not stronger) in the ANC department, and have a noticeably premium design. (The odd reliance on a thin “Smart Case” to take out the headphones.) If money isn’t an issue and you already have your eye on the AirPods Max, this is the lowest price we’ve seen.
Hori Split Pad Pro Handheld Game Controller for Nintendo Switch for $40 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $50): If you’ve had any comfort or durability issues with the Switch’s notoriously fragile Joy-Con controllers, we can vouch for Hori’s Split Pad Pro as a quality replacement. These attachable controllers are considerably larger than the standard Joy-Cons, but therefore give much more grip. The joysticks are easier to maneuver, while the triggers and face buttons have more freedom of movement and a deeper sense of feedback. Please note that they can only be used in the Switch’s handheld mode, as they do not have their own batteries and there is no rumble functionality. This deal has popped up a few times before, but it’s still within a few bucks of the lowest price we’ve seen.
SanDisk Extreme (500GB) Portable External SSD for $85 at Amazon and Adorama (normally $90): While this isn’t a huge discount, it’s still the lowest price we’ve calculated for the updated portable SSD we’ve recommended in the past. The SanDisk Extreme transfers files quickly via a USB 3.2 Gen 2 port, ships with a USB-C to C cable, supports 256-bit AES hardware encryption, and features a rugged IP55 design to withstand drops and splashes of water . It also comes with a long limited five-year warranty.
wingspan board game for $45 at Amazon (normally $53): This deal is about a few dollars higher than the lowest price we tracked wingspana bird themed board game we like, with beautiful illustrations and simple engine-building mechanics that should appeal to experienced players and newbies alike.
Laptop and Desktop PC Deals
- Apple Mac Mini (2020) mini desktop PC: Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $599.99 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout – normally $665).
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $899.99 at Amazon (normally $960).
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch 2560×1600, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,099 at Amazon (discount seen at checkout – normally $1,165).
- Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 2-in-1 Laptop: Intel Core i3-10110U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $329.99 at Amazon (normally $390).
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet 2-in-1 Chrome OS Tablet: MediaTek Helio 60T, 10.1-inch 1920×1200, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $229.99 at Staples (normally $280).
- HP Chromebook x360 14c (CA0053DX) 2-in-1 Laptop: Intel Core i3-10110U, 14-inch 1080p, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC for $429 on eBay and Best Buy (normally $549).
- Dell Inspiron 14 (5410) laptop: Intel Core i7-11370H, 14-inch 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD for $685.99 at Dell (use code: 50OFF699-normally $950).
- 32-inch Dell S3221QS Curved Monitor—3840×2160, VA, 60 Hz, FreeSync for $349.99 at Dell (normally $390).
- 27-inch Dell S2721D Monitor—2560×1440, IPS, 75Hz, FreeSync for $199.99 at Dell (normally $232).
- 27-inch Gigabyte G27Q Gaming Monitor—2560×1440, IPS, 144 Hz, FreeSync for $259.99 at Newegg (use code: 76TPGLP295-normally $295).
Video Game Deals
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (Luigi Set, Mario Set) for $78.99 at Amazon and GameStop (discount seen at checkout – $100 normally).
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Switch) for $19.99 at Amazon and GameStop (normally $30).
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (Switch, PS5, PS4, Xbox) for $24.99 at Amazon and GameStop (normally $33).
- Demon Souls (PS5) for $49.94 at GameStop and Walmart (normally $70).
- Scarlet Nexus (PS5, PS4, Xbox) for $49.94 at Amazon and GameStop (normally $60).
- Metro Exodus: Complete Edition (PS5) for $29.99 at Amazon (normally $40).
- Subnautics: below zero (PS5, PS4, Xbox) for $24.99 at Amazon and GameStop (normally $30).
- Saints Row: The Third: The Full Package (Switch) for $17.99 at Amazon and GameStop (normally $30).
- Return (PS5) for $59.99 at Amazon and GameStop (normally $70).
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5, PS4) for $39.99 at GameStop and Amazon (normally $50).
- The Nioh Collection (PS5) for $39.99 at GameStop (normally $65).
- Hitman 3 (PS5, Xbox) for $33.99 at GameStop (normally $48).
TV and home entertainment deals
- Anker-Technica ATH-M40x Wired Over-Ear Headphones for $69.50 at Amazon (normally $100).
- Anker Soundcore Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $21.99 at Amazon (clip $6 coupon– normally $28).
- Google Nest Hub (2nd generation) smart display + Google Nest Audio smart home speaker for $139 on eBay (normally $200).
- Eufy Smart Scale P1 Wireless Digital Scale For $29.99 at Amazon (clip 25% off coupon– normally $40).
- TP-Link Kasa HS210 3 Way Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch For $16.61 at Amazon (normally $21).
- TP-Link Kasa KP303 Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip With 3 Sockets For $22.79 at Amazon (normally $26).
- Tile Mate (2020, 4-Pack) Bluetooth Item Tracker + Amazon Echo Dot (4th Gen) Smart Speaker for $79.99 at Amazon (normally $105).
- Amazon Kindle Unlimited 6 Months Membership for $47.86 at Amazon (24 months before $143.8012 months before $80.30-normally $60).